Bones Like Cement

Plot with Milo!

Milo
Cash on hand: Locked

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Araceli Rosales is charming, sarcastic, and means well but often doesn't do well. He's a little clumsy, well organized, and intelligent when he wants to be. He works for Dove Koenig as his assistant and spends as much time as he can out in the woods exploring the man's land. He was once a player and is now a freshly turned werewolf just trying to take life one day at a time.

Benjamin Caldwell is cool and confident. From a family of money and corruption, this lawyer will represent anyone and anything for the right price. He's also not above bending rules and taking advantage of things to make sure he wins the case. Married and unhappily so, he exhibits perfection but that doesn't mean he is.

Finn is a phooka fae. Everywhere he goes and everyone he touches tends to get a case of the bad lucks and he loves it. He's adventurous, curious, and has a tendency to get fixated on certain people or things. He's a harbinger of bad fortune and it just trying to find amusement in the mortal realm. Allergic to iron and empathy, he's just wanders the world after accidentally being summoned into it.

Magnolia Matsson is an eccentric witch that specializes in finding lost items or people. He tends to pop into people's lives when they're in dire need to find something, but it has to be something really wanted because there are big prices to pay. He's optimistic and friendly. Despite his wary nature towards strangers and weird attire, he gives off an approachable vibe. He doesn't have a lot of friends, at least not of the human variety.

Pénélope Bellerose is a French circus freak. She travels from town to town all over the country dancing and spitting fire for all of the watchful, curious eyes that seek her out. On the stage, she's a big personality, but off of the stage she is shy and keeps to herself. She never quite fits in.

Reed Henderson is just trying to live his life, okay? A former coven member and seller of artifacts and luck charms, he's searching for other excommunicated witches so he can preform a tricky ritual to bring his dead familiar and lover back to life. He's lost a little more than himself and tends to look a little bit like he's not all cemented in reality, but he's trying. He's just trying. He makes chump change selling magical elixirs that are toxic enough to make whoever takes them feel incredibly high or drunk no matter who they are.

Simon Larkin is a poet. Passionate, romantic, he's in love with love but isn't sure he's ever really experienced it. He's ran away from home and responsibility in order to be a man of wander and lust and not makes ends meet playing the piano in saloons for chump change. He hopes to be a published writer one day.
Laura

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:53 am

Heeeey Milo,
I have been fangirling over Dove and Celi’s threads, and have been meaning to hit up your plotter for a while. I’m finally getting a chance to do it! Sorry if this is a mess, but I’m going to hit you up with a couple of half-baked ideas off the top of my head, and hopefully it sparks stuff! Here’s a link to my plotter as well. If there's a different character combo you’d rather try, let me know. I’m totally open.

Plotter here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=346

Magnolia and Emmett
Both magic users, and somewhat eccentric. Emmett is a medium, and sometimes charlatan, depending on his mood. One idea that I have is that suddenly Emmett’s powers don’t work anymore (either he’s cursed or something else), and he can’t communicate with the spirit world for some reason. Maybe he seeks out Magnolia to help him get his mojo back.

Benjamin and Jackson
They’re both socialites, run in the same circles, and they’re both snakes. Jackson is a railroad tycoon. Depending on the kind of law that Benjamin practices, perhaps Jackson hires him to sue someone. Or Benjamin defends him in an investigation?

Penelope and Luther
I feel like Luther would reeeeeally like Penelope. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing for her. In either case, he’s a goblin prince trapped in a man’s body, so he may not always be the nicest guy, but maybe he’d be on his best behavior for her? I’m thinking that he sees her perform, and that’s how they meet.
Milo

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 pm

hello!!!! i'm so excited for all of these, you have no idea. <3 kij has told me so many good things and you seem really nice. it's really nice to be able to plot with you!!

Emmett & Maggie
So I really love these two and I feel like they'd get on fine. Maggie usually helps people find lost trinkets or people, but Emmett presenting him with the challenging of trying to find his psychic ability (or at least figure out what's wrong with it) would be too interesting to pass up (especially if it is a curse because he hasn't had a lot of experience with those and wants more)!! Maggie just loves meeting new people from different walks of life that possess magical abilities so he'll probably ask a lot of questions.

Jackson & Benjamin
Benjamin works best as a defendant than a prosecutor. He's more of the type to help not-so-great people get off of whatever they're being charged or sued for. So defending him in an investigation would definitely be more Bennie Boy's expertise than prosecuting someone in a suing. These two are really similar!! Which is really interesting, but Jackson, from what I've seen, is so much more sure of himself than Bennie is. Ben's calculating and deceitful nature is a huge ruse. He's a fucking mess on the inside and I think it would be interesting to see how the two interact.

Luther & Penny
OH BOY. Bring him on. Penny is really, really bold on the stage and commands the crowd, but when she's off it, she's pretty demure and shy. She doesn't like attracting attention mainly because there's a huge language barrier between her and other people and it embarrasses her when she can't communicate. So catching his attention would make her a little uneasy but she's friendly. I don't think she could tell him to leave her alone which could make for some interesting or horrible threads.
Laura

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Yay! I'm excited :)

Is it ok if we start with Maggie and Emmett first? I want to definitely do Luther and Penny as well, although I have to admit, I kinda feel bad throwing Luther at a new writing partner. As Kij can attest, he's a pretty intense character and not completely sane :D

Where would Emmett find Magnolia? I'm happy to start the thread, too!
Milo

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:42 pm

kij has definitely warned me about luther and i’m excited to see what happens because i’m horrible to my creations.

but!!! maggie and emmett would be perfect to start with. maggie has a tendency to pop up wherever he is needed. either that or people find him (dove sleep walked to his cabin in the woods). he’s located on the coast but yeah. he can be anywhere. so wherever is convenient for emmett.
Laura

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Oh we can totally do both if you have the bandwidth! I just felt like I needed to give fair warning :)

Would you mind starting up the Penny and Luther one?

And I'll start up Magnolia and Emmett?
Milo

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:06 pm

that sounds perfect!! is there anywhere specific penny and luther need to be? she travels with the circus and can be anywhere.
Laura

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm

Luther's a mercenary so he can be anywhere as well. It's totally up to you. If he saw that the circus was in town, he'd go :)
Milo

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:11 am

okay!!! also my discord is rowentheboat #6327 if you want it 😊
  • Information