Like The Fella Once Said...

[Cela]

The largely unexplored, untamed lands of the Northern Rockies include Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado.
Alden
Cash on hand: Locked

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 am

There were more words he didn't quite understand the meaning of but when she is done he nods slowly. "So you say thank you to people when you enjoyed what they did? So I would say, thank you for giving me food. Or thank you for not letting me be alone? That's what it's for?" He still seems ever so slightly confused but it was obvious that he'd understood the gist of it from what she said. Which was a bad thing for Cela since he would now invariable be thanking her for pretty much everything.
Celairel Winterborne

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:08 am

"Yes. But you don't have to say it all the time."

She pushed herself up from the crouch she'd been in and grimaced at the feel of the deer's blood stretching and flaking on her skin.

"I need to go wash this off. I'll be back before the meat is done. You can stay, or come with me, whichever."

Grabbing a thick woolen blanket from a rock shelf, she squeezed through the grotto entrance and out into the afternoon sunlight. Ambling over to the nearby creek, she shed her clothing onto a small boulder and left the blanket on the stream's bank within easy reach. Then she slipped into the cold mountain water with a hiss. That was one good thing about the cold water, she'd never linger long when it came to bathing.
Alden

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Well, she'd just saved herself a headache by clarifying he didn't have to thank her for every little thing. It would likely be some time before he got the hang of it but at least he now knew it. When she tells him he can stay or go with her he cocks his head. He wasn't used to being given choices of that nature and it took him a moment to decide.

He liked being around her more than he feared messing up again so he follows her out. When they reach the creek he watches what she does and then he replicates it. Stripping out of his clothing entirely and joining her in the stream. He doesn't get overly close to her as he settles into the water.

"This feels kind of nice."

He comments seemingly utterly oblivious to chill. He was aware of it but it was a distant thing and the feel of water moving over his body was kind of pleasant. He wiggles in his nudity the scar covered muscle of his body rippling smoothly with every fidget.
Celairel Winterborne

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:17 am

Distracted as she was with using sand from the creek bed to scrub the gore off her skin, she didn't realize Alden had shed his clothes until she heard the water splashing nearby. She jumped and whirled around to face him, her eyes wide. Had she misjudged him earlier? Had he only abstained from molesting her because he was clothed and upset? Tense and anxious, she eyed him warily, but it quickly became apparent that earlier hadn't been a fluke. He seemed wholly uninterested in her nudity, let alone possessing of any inclination to mate her.

The tension ebbed slowly out of her form as she resumed scrubbing, but her gaze remained riveted on him. Mostly, she was looking curiously at the scars on his body. She'd seen them before, but had been too preoccupied by different things to really look closely at them. Hesitantly, she spoke, her voice gentle.

"Why did they do that to you..? The.. the scars, I mean..."
Alden

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:45 am

Alden who had been looking up at the sky didn't notice Cela's mild panic attack. He seemed fairly happy just sitting there in the water swishing his legs through it and wiggling his toes. When she speaks he dips his head and blinks at her in confusion. It takes him a moment to realize she is looking at his body and another to realize what she is likely talking about.

"Well, most of them are from torture. You know knives, whips, spells, brands, other things like that. The big red ones are runes permanently etched into my skin to give me magical abilities."

He shrugs as if this is no big deal like his body didn't paint a road map of years upon years of horrible suffering. Mostly because the physical torture had stopped bugging him long ago. It was the wounds that had been left on his soul that pained him now.
Celairel Winterborne

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 am

When he turned to look at her, Cela most pointedly did not let her gaze wander places it shouldn't. The water was as clear as crystal, meaning it would be very easy for her to see a certain portion of his anatomy, but she wouldn't violate his trust like that. He was as naive and clueless as a cub, and it would be wrong for her to ogle him in such a manner.

"I see.. I'm sorry they did that to you."

She eyed the runes with a measure of lingering curiosity, and almost against her will, her gaze dropped. She'd seen members of her own tribe before, but it had been quite some time since she'd managed to press through a weak spot in the veil and escape. And she'd always been a little bit.. different from the other Neluri. Her people saw discipline, keeping control over their feline forms and rarely shifting, as a mark of pride. She'd always embraced her animal side, and was more comfortable in her fur than her skin.

Even though the onset of ability to shift coincided with the change from a child into an adolescent, and this fluctuation of hormones made the struggle not to shift a difficult one, many more experienced an even greater fight when their body decided the time had come to take a mate. But despite her age, this wasn't something Cela had ever experienced. And yet now, as she found her attention almost magnetically drawn to the visible flesh of his manhood, she felt the leopard stir within her, growling in a possessive manner as an odd warmth blossomed deep in her body.

Horrified by this sudden development, she turned quickly away from him, and began to vigorously scrub her body with sand. Nope. This was absolutely not going to happen. She wouldn't let it. She'd gotten by just fine without a mate for many years, she absolutely didn't need one now, and certainly not a strange human one.
Alden

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:24 am

Had he known she thought of him as a cub, he would have been confused. Had she explained what a cub was, than explained what a child was, and what that meant in regards to the development cycle of life he would have understood. Then at that point, he would have been a wee bit confused by this assessment of him. Ignorance was not the same thing naivety, he had an absence of knowledge but that did not mean he was someone easy to take advantage of. He knew when someone meant him ill and he was perfectly capable of stopping it. More than capable actually.

"Sorry?"

Is his response and he chews his lip for a moment, deep in thought.

"If that like thank you? In context it would seem to indicate you are conveying a negative... what are you doing?"

She'd turned away and started scrubbing at her skin furiously. She also seemed to be going a bit red despite the chill of the water it was very peculiar behavior in his open. At least, in comparison to how she'd been handling herself beforehand.
Celairel Winterborne

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Cela kept her back to him as she vigorously washed her skin, as though scrubbing it with the fine sand would scour away the fire that was flickering to life deep within her. She barely suppressed a shudder when she heard him begin to speak, and a low purr rumbled in her chest for a few moments as she imagined hearing his voice, husky with passion and moaning her name as she--

Growling at herself, she vigorously shook her head and slammed the lid on that train of thought. Dammit. What a time for her to go into heat. Focusing on breathing in a slow, steady cycle in an attempt to calm herself, she did her best to keep her voice even as she replied.

"Something like that. 'Sorry' is what you say when you've hurt or upset someone and you feel bad for it.. or when something bad has happened to someone and you want to let them know that you feel sad for them. It makes me sad that you were hurt like that."

She cast about in something nearing panic as she tried to think of how to answer his other question. She couldn't very well tell him that she wanted to mate him and was engaged in a futile, desperate attempt to wash the lust out of her body.

"I'm.. making sure I got all of the.. the remains off my skin. I think there might be some in my hair."

That was very much a lie, she'd been quite careful to keep it out of her hair, but it was a good excuse to fully dunk herself in the water. She remained under for as long as she could, until her lungs were screaming for air, running her fingers through her hair until she couldn't stay any longer. Then she surfaced with a gasp, silently bemoaning the fact that being fully immersed in the frigid water had done absolutely nothing to quench the flames of her arousal. Oh, this was going to be absolutely awful.
Alden

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Cocking his head he nods at her expanded explanation of sorry. Sorrow, sadness, and despair were all familiar words and having her explain it as she had made perfect sense. He'd often felt sad for those he'd ultimately had to kill and had wished there were words, an explanation he could offer though he'd known it wouldn't be enough. Still, he know knew that there had been a word, sorry, he'd wanted to say sorry to all those people. He couldn't know but perhaps they would hear him wherever they were if he said it now. As she ducks her head under the water he murmurs it softly to himself.

"I'm sorry for my weakness. I'm sorry for what I did. I will do my best to make your sacrifice... not utterly wasted."

This done his attention turns to the submerged Cela and he reflects on what she'd said. Moving through the water slowly he is quite close by the time she emerges and making no move to hide his presence or defend himself if she attacked he reaches out. Well, calloused fingers brushing softly through her hair one on her shoulder as he examines it. His hands are warm despite the chill of the water, his fingers whispering over her skin as though he is afraid to hurt her. Which he is.

"I don't see anything in your hair."

This close to her his pleasing tenor voice has dropped a few octaves, a nice low rumbling purr that can be heard easily. There is nothing overtly sensual in his actions and it is obvious to anyone thinking straight that he is merely inspecting her for gore as she'd expressed concern. But who knows how Cela will handle it in her current state.
Celairel Winterborne

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:20 am

She went as still as stone when she felt the warmth of Alden so close to her, almost pressing up behind her. Closing her eyes, Cela couldn't help but purr as his scent permeated her senses, and that was even before he started touching her. It took every ounce of willpower she had not to lean back into him when she felt his fingers against her shoulder, but she very nearly lost that battle when she heard his voice. She was trembling with the effort it took to keep from leaping onto him when she finally opened her eyes and turned to face him, stifling her purr and speaking in a husky voice.

"..Thank you."

She wanted to kiss him, and very nearly leaned in to do just that, but forced herself to step backwards instead. Retreating a bit, she clambered out of the creek and wrung the water out of her hair, before snatching up the drying blanket and rubbing herself vigorously with it. Once her body was dry and her hair reasonably so, she set it back on the boulder and began dressing hastily. The sooner she was dressed, the sooner she'd be less tempted to mount him, and she needed that barrier. Desperately.
  • Information