I never understood desire [past]

with celi rosales

The western coastline of the United States and the Pacific Northwest include Washington, Oregon, and California.
Dove Koenig
Cash on hand: Locked

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am

The summer months had slowly begun to wane into autumn, which meant the weather would soon turn cold and they would expect snow at their stoop sooner rather than later.

Dove had never given the changing of the seasons much thought when he'd lived on his family's estate. The passing of time was marked by changes in fashion as opposed to any experiences had outside. The most Dove ever saw of the outdoors when the weather turned rough was when his father would take him on hunting trips. So, really, Dove had no experience with the work that went into staying warm for winter.

He hadn't planned on changing that, either. Hence why he'd hired a personal assistant to begin with. Araceli could take care of all the menial tasks Dove didn't want to bother with, and Dove could take cat naps.

Dove woke up from just such a nap by the sound of rhythmic chopping from outside. Though muffled, he hadn't managed to block the sounds out entirely. He sat up in bed and blinked at the sunlight that streamed through his window. When his vision cleared, Dove blinked at a whole new breathtaking sight.

Celi's bare torso. Celi's arm muscles working when he brought the axe down. Celi's shoulders glistening with sweat.

Dove had been so enraptured that he hadn't realized how long he'd been staring until Celi's eyes raised up.

Oh, fuck.

Dove tried to duck out of sight.
Araceli Rosales

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Araceli had long perfected the perfect swing. Each time he brought the axe head down to meet the wood, it chopped it cleanly and efficiently in half. While snow was still a concept he was trying to get used to, the cold out on the mesas had always been bitter and harsh. As soon as he had been strong enough to properly swing an axe, this had been the task he was given this time of year with his family.

Summer was bleeding into autumn. The mornings were getting cooler, but while the sun was high in the sky, it was still warm. Sweltering even with the water in the air. Humid, he'd heard someone say, and that word just sounded wet in his mouth. He had tried to be modest, really, but after so many chunks of wood chopped down into burnable pieces, he had started to work up an uncomfortable sweat and had to take something off.

The work was easy if only a little taxing. The movements mechanical and by that point needing very little thought. The sound was rhythmic, steady. Celi had managed to zone out almost completely while he was doing this and was able to let his mind wander to one thing or another. He didn't know how long he had the creeping feeling that he was being watched, but it started to interfere with what he was doing.

As soon as it was actualized, he paused, letting the axe head drop to the ground near his feet. He glanced up into Dove's window and--

"Are you up?" he asked because are you watching me? sounded a little weirder. He at least sounded amused and not offended by it. "Did I wake you?"
Dove Koenig

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Dove cursed softly to himself. Alright, so he'd been caught. What was the next step? Pretend to have been asleep the whole time so Celi thought he'd been seeing things? That would have worked a lot better had Dove not been ogling Celi so blatantly only a second before.

Begrudgingly, Dove raised his head up to look at Celi through the window. He tried to appear casual, unaffected, but the severe red of his face belied how embarrassed Dove actually was.

"You didn't wake me," Dove said. He somehow managed to make even that sound haughty. "I was waking up anyway."

That sounded like a normal thing to say. He hoped. Perhaps it would provide enough distraction for Celi not to notice how Dove's eyes raked over his figure. God, those muscles were unfair. If there was a higher power that controlled the universe, Dove would very much like to ask what the fuck She expected him to do with this.
Araceli Rosales

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 am

Araceli squinted at Dove through the window. He now had the butt of the axe handle gripped in his hand and was leaning a little bit of his weight into it. He didn’t look like he understood Dove entirely, but whatever sense Dove wasn’t making to him was accepted. He nodded a little at what Dove had told him and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

“Oh, okay,” he said, “As long as I didn’t wake you.” He’d feel bad if he had, but this was the best place to chop wood at the time of day. In this spot, he could position himself to put the sun at his back and he wouldn’t be blinded as he swung the axe around.

Araceli looked at the two pieces he had just chopped, at the growing pile he’d stacked under Dove’s window. He pretended not to notice Dove’s roaming gaze or the tone of his voice because the way it made excitement prickle was the last thing he wanted to think about.

“Well, I think I’ve got enough wood to get us started. Do you want to come look?”
Dove Koenig

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 am

No, Dove really did not want to go look. Because going to look would mean becoming up close and personal with Celi sweaty, muscular body. Which would obviously be the worst. He already had enough of a time staring at Celi as he posed like something out of a Roman wet dream, leaning against the ax with casual power as the sun framed him in a golden glow.

But of course Dove couldn't admit to any of that nonsense, so he took a deep breath and gave a nod from his place at the window. Dove drew the curtains to block Celi's view and got dressed in a chemise and robe to join Celi outside.

"So," Dove said as he made his way around the cabin, "tell me all about your wood gathering skills."

He kept his distance from Celi, still. If Dove stepped too close he knew Celi's scent would become overpowering. That was an unacceptable outcome.
Araceli Rosales

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 am

Celi waited patiently for Dove to join him outside. He tried to distract himself from the look he thought he received from Dove by planting the ax head firmly into the ground and going to fetch his shirt that he had tossed off somewhere to the site. Celi was wiping the sweat from his face with it when Dove's appearance startled him. He turned to face Dove and then gestured toward the side of the house.

Below Dove's window was a couple of scores of quartered pieces of wood that would fit within their fireplaces and burn well. Beside it were still a few larger chunks that Celi had to cut down, but considering he had spent his day finding and cutting the wood, he thought he was making quite the bit of progress.

"Well?" he looked over at Dove, big grin showing he was proud of all he had accomplished for the day. "What do you think? I know we need more, but not bad for a start."
Dove Koenig

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 am

Dove could have watched Celi wipe the sweat from his face forever. Which was perhaps only the third creepiest thing he had thought since he'd laid eyes on Celi chopping wood. He reasoned that as long as he didn't try to make any of his unseemly thoughts a reality, he would be fine. Surely nothing could go wrong if he just humored his own internal fantasies by letting them run rampant.

As Celi's eyes settled on him, Dove realized his mistake. He gulped and could have sworn the sound was audible. Dove forgot everything he had planned to say. Hell, Dove forgot how to speak English for what felt like a solid minute.

"I--I, um. It's..." Words. Words. He needed to find words. "Yes. I see. It's not bad, per se."

Dove gained a bit more confidence. He stepped up to the pile of wood and pretended to examine them.

"We could use more maple, don't you think? Maple trees expend more energy when they're burned."
Araceli Rosales

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:51 am

Araceli arched a brow as he watched Dove sputter over words. He didn't know what he had done, but something made Dove forget how to speak for a moment, which was actually... kind of adorable. But Celi didn't let himself focus on that thought for too long. As soon as it had came, he brushed it away and focused on what Dove had to say about the wood.

Celi slung his shirt over his shoulder and walked over to the wood pile with Dove. Another curious glance was tossed his way when Dove seemed to become a top notch wood inspector that knew exactly what he was looking at.

"Okay," he nodded at the comments, "I'll get us maple tomorrow." Celi had just scrounged up whatever was closest on hand to get them started for the season. He knew there were still a plethora of other days he'd spend chopping wood.
Dove Koenig

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:14 am

Disappointment settled itself in Dove's chest as he realized Celi was ready to call the work finished. That would mean Celi would want to go back inside. Which would also mean Celi putting his shirt back on.

Dove tried really hard not to think about why that would be a bad thing.

"Why not now?" Dove asked, though it sounded more like a demand.

He motioned to the nearby woods. There were smaller maple trees within the clearing that could technically have been chopped down within the day with enough effort. However, the rational part of Dove's mind was aware of how unfair it was to ask that of Celi.

Especially considering his actual motives for doing so.
Araceli Rosales

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 am

"Oh."

Celi glanced around as Dove gestured to the few maple trees nearby. The pause he had taken had been enough to make his muscles start to burn. His back and neck hurt. His shoulders were tense. Celi raised his gaze to the sky and he squinted up at the sun before looking back at Dove. His entire expression had fell, but... Dove wasn't wrong. The sun wouldn't be setting for a little while. And the maple was right there.

"Well, I guess I could get a head start," he said but he didn't sound like he particularly wanted to. Just that he'd be willing to.
  • Information