Who has never been burned in the sun

with celi rosales

The western coastline of the United States and the Pacific Northwest include Washington, Oregon, and California.
Ceren Sadik
Cash on hand: Locked

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Fabienne would be fine. As fine as could be expected, after having her entire life changed in a single night. Ceren supposed Fabienne had experienced that enough times already. She'd already been kidnapped by a bloodsucker, and then took control of her life once more to eliminate him from the earth in a baptism of flames.

This was different, though. While the events in Fabienne's former life had led her to a forked path, there was no other way she could take but forward now. She would transform or she would perish. There was no real choice in that.

Of course, Fabienne's life wasn't the only one which had been changed. Ceren had to worry about his future, too, and what exactly that future would be within the pack.

When the wolves had turned back to their human forms, they had taken Araceli to a large barn on the property. The hi-loft barn was a long distance from the main house and used mainly for storage. As far as prisons went, it was rather pleasant. She knew the inside would be lined with soft hay and that Celi would have been free to walk about inside. The only indication he wasn't entirely free were the sentries posed outside the structure.

Ceren gave a nod to the two muscular female guards outside and then slipped through the barn's doors. Sunlight bathed the interior in a soft gold hue, but the dim lighting made Ceren's already weak vision even cloudier. She took a moment longer than most to find Celi's form.

"Araceli," she said as greeting. "How are you feeling?"
Araceli Rosales

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 am

Araceli had spent most of the time with his head in hands.

He rubbed at his temples to try to qualm the budding headache growing in the back of his head. He was either tired or stressed or both. He had tried to sleep, but he kept seeing flashes of Fabienne's blood, her torn open flesh, and that would make him queasy with guilt. There were so many nights he couldn't remember, entire hours gone, and yet he had been cursed for a waking second for this one.

Was that for better or for worse?

He heard someone approaching long before the door to the barn had even opened and that was the only reason he was found standing. When Ceren appeared, haloed by the light that flooded the inside of the barn and gave stage to the dancing dust motes, he was hardly surprised. This was it, he thought, the one home he had found he was about to lose. And he didn't know how to answer Ceren's question, looking about as lost and confused as he had when she found him in the forest. "I'm alive," he offered her, "Is Fabienne okay?"

But he already knew that answer.
Ceren Sadik

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 am

Araceli looked rough, but that was to be expected. Ceren had never pegged him as a bad guy. However, one didn't have to be bad in order to be dangerous. That was a lesson she had learned too many times in the past. The question was, did the risk of keeping him there outweigh his good heart?

His obvious guilt, however, gave Ceren some comfort. If he could admit to himself that what he'd done was unforgivable, then he could work to be better.

"Fabienne has survived," Ceren said.

She gave Celi a moment to absorb that. He hadn't killed anyone. Not yet, anyway.

With a sigh, Ceren added, "From your experience, I'm sure you know what that means."
Araceli Rosales

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:39 am

Araceli was more than aware of what that meant. Fabienne had survived, but she may wish she hadn't with what she was about to go through. Celi could still feel it sometimes, the infection in his leg and the way it rotted every single piece of him away. He could still smell it, the decay, when he thought about it too much. The hallucinations and pain had been enough for him to accept the death he thought had waited for him.

The transformation, and every transformation since then, was almost too much. Death all over again. Death reincarnate each time.

"I don't know what happened," he said softly, "I couldn't stop it. I tried so hard and I couldn't stop it. I don't even remember most of it. I'm so sorry, Ceren. I never meant to hurt her."
Ceren Sadik

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 am

"I know," said Ceren.

There was something akin to sympathy in her tone, but there was no real kindness there. She knew what Celi had gone through, yes. However, that didn't make what he had done any easier to handle. No one could choose what scars they left behind. That was true for anyone, regardless of their power.

"We're all subject to the full moon's influence, even someone like me who's been a wolf for most of my life," she continued. "It's why we stay in groups, Araceli. It's why we don't wander off on our own when the full moon hits."
Araceli Rosales

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:56 am

He felt so foolish. Rightfully so, too. Everything he had done to try and spare and save a person had turned out to be the complete opposite of what should have been done. And Fabienne got hurt because of his stupid mistakes. For a moment, he couldn't even meet Ceren's gaze. "I understand that now," he said, only because he couldn't think of anything else to say.

He wanted to add that he'd never do it again, but he didn't even know if they were going to give him the chance.
Ceren Sadik

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:20 am

Ceren sighed. Araceli's gilt permeated in the air thicker than smoke. She could have choked on his ill feelings if she let it surround her. Instead, she focused on her own responsibilities. Celi had made a mistake, but that didn't mean everyone around him was without blame. Ceren could have taught him better. The other pack mates could have watched over him. There were solutions that weren't taken and it was too late to mull over them now.

"For your next full moon, we'll need to have you under a strict watch," Ceren said. "There are members of this pack who will hold a grudge for what you've done, so consider it a blessing that they use that anger to fuel their protectiveness instead of turning it toward revenge."
Araceli Rosales

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:25 am

Araceli finally met Ceren's gaze. He didn't know why, but they were going to give him another chance. The prospect made his heart pound in his chest. He knew he had to have been close, so close, to being shown the door. He was still so new and they had already lost a gamble, but they were going to try again.

"Right," he said, nodding his head to show that he understood, "Right, of course." And he sounded like he was in disbelief, but it had to have been so obvious that he was more than willing to do whatever it took to keep his place here in the pack. "It won't happen again. It'll never happen again. Thank you so much, Ceren."

He could hear the blood rushing in his ears, adrenaline coming from nowhere. Excitement that he still had a home, even if it was just for the time being.
Ceren Sadik

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:58 am

She looked toward the barn door. Ceren wondered if the guards outside had listened in on their conversation and how much of it they would take to heart. The pack was shaken up and would be for some time, but there wasn't much Ceren could do about that aside from be there for them.

In her mind, being there for Celi was a part of that.

A coldness came over Ceren's expression and she said in a firm voice,

"You can't promise that." She softened, if only by a tiny margin. "You can promise me you'll do better. You can promise me you'll learn from this. But none of us can promise we won't make a mistake like this. Because the truth is that most of us have, or will. It's part of being a wolf."
Araceli Rosales

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:10 am

It was part of being a wolf.

Ceren had said that the full moon influenced everyone, even herself. It became obvious to Celi, then, that control wasn't something that could be won. It was something that had to be fought for, tooth and nail, every step of the way. And maybe it would get easier the more practice he had--Ceren, from what he could remember, had seemed so sure in her state--but it wasn't perfect. It might never be perfect.

"Then I promise I'll do better. I promise I won't wander off again." He would take every single precaution he could.
  • Information