Five feet apart [past]

with celi rosales

The western coastline of the United States and the Pacific Northwest include Washington, Oregon, and California.
Dove Koenig
Cash on hand: Locked

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 am

Dove blinked in shock at Celi's spit take. He turned his gaze swiftly to Artemis and only managed to catch Artemis replacing his puppet hand on his teacup. Artemis took a long drink and stared off into space, as if completely innocent to what had just happened.

"How about the fact you always make a mess?" Dove said. He grabbed a cloth and wiped at the drops of tea that had spattered the table. "Or the fact your smell musky all the time. Or the fact you eat all my candy."

Artemis raised a brow at Dove's weak insults. For all the time Artemis had known Dove, he knew Dove could do better than that. He was going easy on Celi. With a smug little smile, Artemis took another sip of tea.
Araceli Rosales

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 am

Araceli made a face when Dove told him he made messes. The face only got more ridiculous, and with the final insult--if it could be called that--Celi made an incredulous pfft noise. Celi had been expected so much more from the bitch that he knew the Great Dove Koenig could be.

"First of all," Celi started with a very snooty look as he brought the cup up again so he could try to drink his tea in peace, "I clean up your messes." He took a sip, "Secondly, I smell fine. Lastly, I don't see you eating your candy. Someone has to eat it."

He looked at Artemis as if he expected Artemis to back him up. As if candy-eating-shenanigans was an every day issue that Artemis, too, had to deal with.
Dove Koenig

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 am

"First off--"

Dove started, but Artemis held up a hand in front of Dove's face to silence him. Dove went a bit cross eyed to stare at the offending hand.

"You're both ridiculous," Artemis said. "Can we drink our tea in peace without your two arguing about something inane?"

Artemis lowered his hand and continued to drink his tea. Dove shot him a dirty look, but, admittedly, Artemis did have a point. Dove and Celi did bicker like an old married couple whenever they were together. So, Dove lifted his own cup of tea and tried his best to drink in silence.

Though, it was clear from Dove's face that the silence made him antsy.
Araceli Rosales

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Well.

Araceli looked away from Artemis and Dove like he hadn't been trying to pick a minor fight with the latter. He stared at a clock on the wall and sipped his tea that still wasn't quite sweet enough for him but sweet enough that he wouldn't complain about it. It'd only get sweeter, anyway.

He let the silence settle, was more than comfortable in it because at least it wasn't awkward or brimming with some sort of energy he couldn't place. But he knew how Dove was, and glanced over at him.
Dove Koenig

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Dove had started to squirm. There were times when Dove appreciated silence. When he was working on something in his workshop. When he wanted a particularly good nap. When in a group of people, however, silence seemed more like an indication that something was wrong.

He tapped his fingers against the surface of the table, almost making a little song. After a minute of this, Artemis placed a hand over Dove's own.

"Stop," said Artemis.

Dove made an offended sound and tried to yank his hand free, but Artemis refused to budge. Dove shot a look at Celi and demanded,

"Defend me, won't you? That's part of your job."
Araceli Rosales

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Oh, God.

Celi looked back and forth between Dove and Artemis. What was he supposed to do? Obviously he wanted to defend Dove, but he was more or less certain that Artemis could and would destroy him in any match, wit or otherwise.

Instead of picking a side, Celi turned around in his seat and looked into the air of Nothing. “I think someone might be knocking on your door. Maybe I should go tell them you’re closed.”

Celi started to stand.
Dove Koenig

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:03 am

"Oh, likely story!" Dove said.

Artemis only laughed as Celi tried to make his escape. He'd yet to let go of Dove's hand, despite the fact Dove started to struggle genuinely under Artemis's grip. Probably so he could go chase after Celi.

"Celi!" Dove shrieked. "Don't be a coward! Save me!"

Artemis rolled his eyes. "You're the biggest drama queen I've ever met."
Araceli Rosales

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:26 am

"Oh!" Celi said, too excited to be leaving the room, "I think someone really is knocking on your door, Artemis!" And then he was gone, finding his way back down the stairs to the shop below where sick and ailing clocks go to feel better. Celi even went as far in this charade as to go to the front door and open it, to peer outside, and to shut and lock the door again.

Now what? How long could he wait down here before they would start to grow suspicious? How long before they tried to find him? How long before Celi grew bored.

The answer to the last question was just a handful of minutes. Not too long after Celi had disappeared, he reappeared again and found Dove and Artemis. "I guess I was imagining things."
Dove Koenig

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 am

Dove let out another inhuman sound as Celi departed. Artemis clapped a hand over Dove's mouth to silence him, and after a moment Dove relented and merely glared in Artemis's direction. Satisfied, Artemis returned his hand to his cup of tea.

"Your man's pretty funny," Artemis said.

Dove turned another glare on Artemis. "He's not my man. He's my--I don't know. Assistant. Colleague. Thing."

Artemis hmmmed in that way he had that showed he didn't buy a word of that. He took a sip of tea before he said,

"Well, whatever he is, he seems to get you. That says a lot."

Uncertain, Dove opened his mouth. He wasn't sure whether to protest or not. He wasn't even really sure what to make of Artemis's observation. Did Celi "get him"? Dove hadn't considered that, nor did he fully understand what it was supposed to indicate.

Before he could say anything, Celi had returned. Dove pouted at him.

"I can't believe you left me," Dove said. "You're the most disloyal servant I've ever encountered."
Araceli Rosales

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 pm

“I thought I heard a knock,” Celi protested, gesturing wildly and vaguely toward the general direction of the front door. And then his features lit up. A plan of distraction popped into his mind. “What if flowers had been delivered. Would either of you have wanted to miss those?”

He looked so proud of himself. He thought himself so clever with that change of topic. He knew how easily it was to distract Dove with the mention of his not-so-secret admirer. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea because Araceli had no idea where it might lead, but...

Celi tossed a glance Artemis’s way for a little help. Any help really, because that man could either make this charade a beautiful thing or he could completely ruin it.
  • Information