Be Careful What You Wish For

Will and Altair find themselves lost in a wish he had never meant to make.

Beyond the borders of the U.S. lie the rest of the world in all her glory, with plenty of civilized and uncivilized areas alike.
Altair Tahir
Cash on hand: Locked

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 am

“Everything has been thrown into chaos with the arrival of Saladin, he beats at the walls with trebuchet and does everything he can do disturb the peace. He is called upon often to speak to the King. Maya would be able to get us out the walls but with him having the lamp he can call me to it at any time and he does not allow it to leave his side. He will know if I approach as well, I cannot conceal my presence from him nor he from me.”

So far it seemed almost impossible to do. There had to be a way to do this. If she returned to the lamp he would notice the change in the weight of it. It would tell him that she was awake. He might summon her out of spite in order to have her taken away again but to do so he would make sure there were guards present.

Wrapping her arms around herself while she thought she cursed aloud, “Damn him,” the words shouldn’t have came from her but her frustration would soon be made known, “If only I could play his illusions back to him.”
William Greyson

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 am

"Can't you?"

Will says slowly thougtfully. It is obvious there is the begining of a plan forming in his head.

"Does he ever check up on me? Could we convince him I am still trapped in his dream until he comes to check up on me... Then when he's here alone I can."

Will makes a fist and jabs to indicate just what he would do. It seemed like a good plan to him. He couldn't imagine that Caden's pride would allow for him to bring a guard in when he thought he was safe.
Altair Tahir

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 pm

“I cannot, it was part of my imprisonment so I would never tempt another man with such,” Altair was hardly every spiteful but it rang through her tone clear now as if the very thought of it was vile. She never wished to see that silver monstrosity ever again.

“He is distracted now which is why you were able to wake, and Maya did not give you your last sedative,” his plan was not a bad one but it would mean he would have to go back into his dream like state, “If you go back under he will resume contact with you as soon as he comes close if only to reassure himself. You would have to fall asleep of your own accord and realize it is a dream in order to be able to break it while he is near.”

It had not taken Will too terribly long once he was in familiar territory to realize that he had been dreaming but Caden would not take that approach again. Nor would he make the simple mistakes he had made the last time.
William Greyson

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:09 pm

"Well do we have a better idea?"

Will asks rubbing his chin and trying to think of other options. He wasn't as enthused about this plan now that he knew that he'd have to go under again. While it was possible he could figure it out again the danger of not doing it at the right time was what scared him. If he didn't wake up while Caden was alone and vulnerable than there was a good chance it'd be a wasted effort. Still, if they had no other ideas then it was what he would do.
Altair Tahir

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:32 am

“We have to.”

Will returning to the dream state was dangerous and she would not allow it. Even if it was a last resort it was never going to be used for she had struggled to come out of her own and to convince Maya to take his place. The young woman was risking her own life with the agreement that when this was over she would also have her freedom. Altair had told her the outcome of Saladin’s siege as well which had helped convince her.

Will had awoken in the same sort of cell like room, there was a carpet upon the ground which he had been laid upon. The door clicked behind him making her tense but it opened revealing Maya. If only she could use her own abilities, to disguise the girl might have been perfect.

Maya would look to Will who was awake with a sort of shy smile before looking to Altair. She spoke quickly about them not having much time. Altair knew this and she waved her off once before explaining that Will refused to leave without her own ability to do so secured.

“If I get the lamp,” Maya offered, “Could you go then?”
William Greyson

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 am

This was certainly getting sticky but the only way Will could see through was by staying together. Separate they would be crippled by worry for the other. Together they could combine their strengths to figure out a way to end this all. Still, it seemed that Altair was without an alternative suggestion. If only they could get free of the city, perhaps they could join with Saladin. Offer to help him take the city in exchange for assistance capturing Caden.

The door opens and Will tenses. It wouldn't be Caden if the Djinn was that close he'd know that Will was awake and would never enter by himself. But it was just Maya. They explain the situation and the girl pauses in thought and then makes the most startling offer he'd heard today. Did the girl not know Caden was keeping the lamp on him?

"Well, yes it would but how would we get it?"
Altair Tahir

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 am

"She can," Maya motioned to Altair when she said this.

Altair looked slightly confused as to her meaning until she returned her glance gathering from the way she looked at her that whatever she was getting at that she wasn't going to enjoy it. Maya did not back down from her look unafraid of the Djinn because she not only knew of her limitations but also her nature. Altair burned brightly and would harm those who stood in her way but never innocents.

"I don't follow."

"You do," Maya spoke with a confidence that Altair did not currently feel was warranted.
William Greyson

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 am

"Er, I don't."

Will says going to tip up the brim of his hat so he can scratch his head. But he wasn't wearing his hat. He actually couldn't remember what happened to his hat. Dang it, he liked his hat. That really was the last straw, things needed to start going their way soon or he might just lose his temper. There wasn't anyone who wanted that.

"So, iffin you could explain that to me Miss Maya. That'd be much appreciated."

The girl is graced with a strained tired smile. Will felt terrible, he was sore, and he was missing his hat. The only thing in the world he wanted was to save the woman he loved. This girl could help with that and he just hoped she'd explain it a bit better.
Altair Tahir

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:34 pm

"I may not be capable of all that Caden is but I have other charms," Altair was trying to explain it more gently and in English so that Will could understand or get the drift of what Maya was asking for.

Maya did not understand the language but she did understand Will's confusion and his rather broken Turkish that relied on him asking Altair how to say a word or simply saying it in English and her supplying the correct one. His grasp of the language had been wonderful since he had been submerged in it and they had worked on it in the weeks before they arrived in the city.

Maya unaware of Altair's explanation would be a bit more forward in how she stated it, "She is a woman."

Altair cringed when the words came out of her mouth. She was that but to attempt to seduce Caden simply to get the lamp away from him was disgusting to her. If it was the only plan available to them she would do so but not without a heavy heart and a stomach that would have to be made of iron.
William Greyson

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:07 pm

It takes Will a moment to realize just what Maya is getting at, but when he does he blanches. He looks between the girl and Altair shaking his head. The thought of that slimy son of a gun touching her was enough to make him retch. There was no way he'd let that happen, absolutely, positively no way...

"Wait... Could we use that? He wants you darling. You think there might be a way ta lure him into a trap using that? Iffin he knows I'm free but iffin you could convince him that you finally got me to wish myself home or something? Maybe you could lure him into his bedroom alone and I could be waiting there?"
  • Information